Combine multiple images automatically into one large image, called texture atlases, for improving performance.
- Images to be combined into one large image should be placed in one folder.
- The agreed name of the folder should end with '@atlas', like: 'nameOfImage@atlas'.
- The large image is generated in Assets/atlas/nameOfImage.bin after packing.
- Put the original images in Assets/art folder for unified management.
- Use english characters and underscore character for the name of atlas, otherwise the download may fail as it is relied on the web server.
Workflow of texture Atlases
- Get art designing resources ready and rename each image according to the demand
- Create original folder for the atlas in Project panel: Assets/art/dota@atlas
- Drag the images into this folder:
- Select the main menu: Tool/Repack Texture Atlases, start to repack all texture atlases
- After Packing, atlas is generated at: Assets/atlas/dota.bin
Note: If original images changed, you need to repack texture atlases by step 4